Pancakes are one of my favourite food groups. It is impossible to be depressed eating pancakes. Go on try.
I’ve been experimenting with oat muffins (recipe coming soon) so I figured oats would work equally well in pancake form. With Shrove Tuesday/Pancake Day coming up, this recipe will hit the spot for everyone whether eating gluten free or not.
RECIPE: OAT & ALMOND PANCAKES WITH FRUIT (WHEAT-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, REFINED SUGAR-FREE)
INGREDIENTS (makes 6 pancakes):
GLUTEN-FREE OAT & ALMOND PANCAKES:
- 3/4 cup of oats
- 1/4 cup of ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1 teaspoon of coconut sugar (if your blueberries are sweet you can leave this out)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 banana
- handful of strawberries
- maple syrup
- Put all the pancake ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth
- Make pancakes using coconut oil to fry them in.
- To make compote, place all ingredients in small saucepan and heat until mixture bubbles then simmer for approx 30 seconds.
- To serve layer the pancakes with slice fruit and pour compote and maple syrup on top. Great served with yoghurt.