Better late than never I’m getting involved in the Red Lippy Project, which has been taking place during Cervical Screening Awareness Week, 8 – 14 June 2014. The aim is to wear red lippy (AND DONATE) to help raise awareness of the importance of smear tests in helping to detect possible cervical cancer and making it less taboo to talk about. 20% of women overall fail to attend screening, rising to 68% amongst 25-29 years old. I know that I have been guilty of ignoring those GP letters in the past.
Red is a colour that I hardly ever wear in lipstick form but I shall be painting my pout scarlet for the Red Lippy Project. Below are the current reds in my stash:
- Bobbi Brown, Old Hollywood
- Lipstick Queen, Deep Red Sinner
- L’Oreal, True Red S502 Color Riche
- Ellis Faas, L101 – this colour is meant to be blood red like human blood and therefore suit everybody
- Salvador Dali, Rubylips – I got this on ebay, it was so kitsch I had to have it!
This Is How Red Lippy Project Say You Can Take Part:
To get involved, simply don the brightest red lippy you can find and do one, two or all of the following…
- Post your Red Lippy Project selfie on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter along with the hashtags #redlippyproject #makeamark
- Follow us on Instagram and Twitter, find us at @redlippyproject
- Donate Funds: Text RLIP14 £2 to 70070 or make an online donation
- Visit Topshop in-store or online to purchase their Red Lippy Project lipstick and make up bag, and 30% of the profit will be donated to Red Lippy Project.
- Fundraise money – Can you wear red lippy for a whole week? Or will you run a marathon in yours?
- Go to Facebook and like/share us