Here’s a quick, simple recipe that’s good for lunch or a light dinner. It’s a great way of using weekend leftovers and the avocado just makes it that extra bit filling.
RECIPE: SWEET POTATO, CHERRY TOMATO & AVOCADO OMELETTE (vegetarian, gluten-free)
Ingredients (serves 1 or 2 as snack):
- 2 eggs
- Small chunk of cheese (approx 25g) grated
- 2 tablespoons water
- Quarter red onion sliced
- Half a medium avocado sliced
- Quarter of a roasted sweet potato sliced
- 3 cherry tomatoes quartered
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk the 2 eggs with the water. Mix in seasoning and cheese.
- Soften the onions in olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat – making sure not to brown.
- Pour the egg mixture into the frying pan.
- Add the tomatoes, sweet potato and avocado until the egg is nearly all cooked – usually about two minutes.
- Place under grill for about 30 seconds to finish
I got into a bit of debate with a pal who told me this not an omelette but frittata. Well you say frittata, I say omelette. What say you?