Brunch. The best meal invented. Full stop. I love that brunch can be absolutely anything you want it to be. Nothing screams brunch like the addition of a poached egg though. Seriously add a poached egg to a roast dinner and suddenly it’s brunch. Anyway when Chobani yoghurt offered to send a range of their yoghurts to see what recipes might be inspired, I decided to have a go.
Recipe: Sweet Potato Muffins With Spicy Kale, Halloumi and Poached Egg (vegetarian)
INGREDIENTS (2 – 4 servings):
Sweet Potato Muffin
- 1 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of plain wholemeal flour
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 of a nutmeg grated (about 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of yoghurt
- 1/4 cup of room temperature water
- 1/2 medium sized sweet potato grated
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- clove of garlic
- 1 red chilli
- 1 teaspoon of red chilli flakes
- 100g kale (about half a bag)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
100g Halloumi (about half a packet)
2 eggs poached
- Heat oven to 180°C
- Put all muffin ingredients (except sweet potato) in blender and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the sweet potato then pour into baking cases.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- While muffins and cooling prepare the kale, Halloumi and poached egg.Rough timings below so you can co-ordinate.
- For spicy kale, gently saute onions, garlic and chilli in olive oil. When onion has softened (do not brown) add kale and cook until wilted – a couple of minutes (2 minutes). Sprinkle lemon zest on top of kale.
- Chargrill or fry the Halloumi (2 minutes)
- Poach egg. I use the Delia method (takes 10 minutes).
- Plate everything up and enjoy!