Following on from the last green beauty challenge, the fantabulous Beautycalypse http://beautycalypse.com threw down another to show our signature spring look. As spring doesn’t officially end until tomorrow here mine is. My heatseeking soul yearns for the sun and spring’s explosion of blooms makes my heart leap with joy. I adore purple flowers in particular so they are the main inspiration for my look. Speaking of purple and inspiration, did you know that a Wisteria tree was Prince’s inspiration for Purple Rain?
SIGNATURE SPRING LOOK PRODUCTS
- Sodashi Brightening Marine Mineral Mask: after cleansing and exfoliating, I slathered on this white and yellow clay mask, from ecoluxe Sodashi. This clay mask is great on dry sensitive skin as it is gentle and full of nourishing oils that leave the skin glowing.
- La Bella Figura Organic Barbary fig seed oil: you say Barbary fig, i say prickly pear. Whatever you call it, this is one lovely oil. I like using it in the mornings and under makeup as it sinks in quickly leaving no oily residue and gives the skin a naturial radiance.
- Becca Luminous Skin Colour Tinted Moisturizer: not a natural brand but Becca make gorgeously formulated, natural-on-the-skin looking products. I’ve banged on previously about the woes of finding green beauty foundations for dark skin. On that note, I’ve just found a match in Kjaer Weis with one of the new colours that have just been introduced – yippee!
- Vapour Organic Beauty Illusionist concealer in 050: I find this a little too glowy for use as a concealer but as a subtle highlighter it is the business.
- Kjaer Weis eyeshadow in Charmed: a warm nude coloured eyeshadow
- Eye of Horus eyeliner in Amethyst: a gorgeous, lightly glitter-speckled metallic purple that glides as smooth as silk. A stunning colour that is very daytime-friendly due to the subtle shimmer. I used this as a sweep of eyeliner. It’s also great used over the eyelid as eyeshadow though you have to work quickly before it sets.
- Kjaer Weis cream blush in Lovely: a pretty pink cream blush dabbed on to the cheek and lips. I kept the lips nude with this at first then decided to do lilac lips.
- rms beauty Lipshine in Royal: a ridiculously lilac lipgloss. I fell in love with this colour and bought it but didn’t actually think i would end up wearing it as I thought it wasn’t a very “me” colour. I was wrong. I’ve used in this look with the Eye of Horus eyeliner as lipliner. It also looks awesome layered on top of Ilia’s Ink Pot or LippyGirl’s Abraca-bam.
SIGNATURE SPRING LOOK As usual I kept things pretty simple.
I then lightly used Amethyst eyeliner as lipliner with the rms royal lipshine.
Check out the other creative and colourful looks: