Birch Box has launched a ‘Going Green’ limited edition box containing a kit of “no nasties” products – think all natural and/organic. Birch Box has used the term “ingredient conscious” which I love as the terms “green” and “clean” get murkier.
Anyway let’s talk a closer look at the contents of the kit. First impressions – well I’m impressed, it’s a good looking selection. Tres chic!
BIRCH BOX GOING GREEN LIMITED EDITION BOX
If you’re just starting on your green journey – this is a great selection of quality products to start with. Every single item is something I will use.
- Absolution Cream Cleanser (full size): a 99% natural cream cleanser that rinses off and is designed to remove makeup and not strip skin
- Ho Karan The Morning Miracle Anti-Fatigue Eye Booster (full size): this eye treatment contains organic hemp oil designed to help escape the signs of tiredness, de-puff and hydrate the eye are. No idea of the long term effects but there was an immediate tightening the first time I used it.
- Laboté The Perfect Glove (full size): a bamboo fibre cloth to remove makeup and cleanse the skin with gentle exfoliation
- Manucurist Natural Nail Polish (full size): a ravishing blood red (would love a matching lipstick) nail polish formulated with up to 84% natural ingredients including potato, corn, wheat, bamboo and red algae to help protect the nails and is free of formaldehyde, camphor, toluene and DBP.
- Nailmatic Lavender Nail Polish Remover (full size): no obnoxious pong from this sweet smelling (thanks to lavender and sweet almond oil) nail remover made from 100% naturally derived ingredients.
- Dr. Hauschka Lavender and Sandalwood Calming Body Wash (travel size): fresh floral of lavender with subtle woodiness of sandalwood with hydrating quince extract and vegetable oils to cleanse skin gently without stripping it
- Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint Pure-Castile Bar Soap (travel size): I’m never without the liquid version of this Dr Bronner’s soap so a bar will be handy. Made with all natural ingredients and a nourishing blend of organic oils including coconut, olive oil and hemp.
- We Love The Planet Natural Deodorant Forever Fresh (full size): A cream deodorant made with all natural ingredients including coconut oil, beeswax, maize starch powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- Avril Copper Bronze Eye Pencil (full size) : Avril are a great budget green beauty option. This pretty copper eyeliner is made with 100% natural ingredients and blends easily so works great as an eyeshadow too.
ZERO WASTE PRODUCTS
- Lamazuna Solid peppermint toothpaste (full size): my first toothpaste stick. This smells incredibly minty and I have to resist licking it. To use you run a wet toothbrush across it. I love this plastic-free lollipop wood packaging.
- Løv ‘Lov Is Green’ Organic Tea (travel size): A really unusual tea (more a tisane) blend that includes carrot and spinach! The ingredients for this tissane including pear, apple, spinach and carrot read sounds like a smoothie. I love my veggies so this is a win win.
- Numéro 7 Wash Bag: and everything comes in this handy size botanical pouch made from certified organic cotton from the ethical fashion brand founded by Coline, the French eco-chic blogger that curated this Going Green Birch Box.
This Birch Going Green box is a great buy whether you’re just starting to make the swap to more natural products or you’re a longstanding Green Goddess. It’s a fabulous selection, that would suit all skin types and skin tones. It’s limited edition so l’d say run not walk if you want to nab one.
Going Green Limited Edition Birch Box, £39 (£86 value). Find it here.