Time to share a green beauty look using the Alima Pure products I reviewed recently. I very rarely do a black smokey eye because I don’t think it suits me and it takes more effort than my lazy self is prepared to do. A creamy navy pencil though is gentler on the eye, one-step and easy to do.
Green Beauty Look: Navy Blue Smokey Eye
First things first, skin preparation is a biggie for me. I have skin that feels drier than the Sahara in the winter if I don’t pamper it accordingly. And dry skin does not a good look make. I also like a naturally radiant finish so my skincare has to be on point.
Regular, gentle exfoliation is a must. Product wise, a hydrating mist and oil are pre-makeup essentials. Top tip: never ever ever ever apply oil on to dry skin, the oil will just seal in dryness, always make sure skin is damp to lock in the hydration.
My favourite oils for pre-makeup application are Cacay Oil, Oilixia Amazonian Cacay Oil, TellurideGlow Alpine Oil (I discovered this through winning a competition, read more on Beautycalypse) these all sink in to the skin quickly and make my skin glow. I always give my face a little massage with the oil as it boosts circulation, perking up the skin so makeup looks better.
- Alima Pure Liquid Silk Foundation in ‘Heat’
- Alima Pure Cream Concealer in ‘Cashmere’
- RMS Beauty “Un” Powder dusted on right at the end
- ILIA Eye Primer
- Kjaer Weis Eye Shadow in ‘Charmed’ all over eye lid, it’s the perfect nude for me and as you can see it’s well used and loved
- Alima Pure Eyeliner in ‘Indigo’ applied in thick line to lash area then blended up to crease of my eyelid and slightly out at the corners with my fingers.
- Kjaer Weis mascara
- Alima Pure Lip Tint in ‘Daisy’
- Vapour Beauty Multiuse Stick in ‘Eros’
- Nude By Nature Highlighter Stick in ‘Bronze’ at top of cheekbones
I tend to use my fingers a lot for blending and applying cream products. As mentioned in my review of the Alima Pure Liquid Silk foundation, however this foundation applies better for me with a brush.
- Nanshy Flawless Foundation Brush
- Ecotools Powder Brush
- Alima Eyeshadow Brush
Are you partial to a smokey eye? Do you have an easy twist on it? if so please share!
*This is not an affiliate link, I don’t profit in any way, I’m just sharing the love by getting a sweet deal for my readers.